We have the key findings from today’s education select committee, showing the source of some of the concerns with the proposed academisation.
The education select committee has quizzed senior civil servants as part of their latest hearing into academy finances. Schools Week has rounded up the key findings.
1. More than one in three academy trusts have declared related-party transactions
2. Bright Tribe investigation to be published shortly, but trust already being given new schools
3. Lauener: ‘We can’t be more transparent over academies’
4. Ministers aren’t interested in overseeing soaring pay of academy trust bosses
5. EFA told to intervene quicker in troublesome trusts or face more “turbulence in system”
6. Department getting to grips with its accounting problems
7. But it’s not only their annual accounts the DfE can’t submit on time …